Legal advice, education, and financial counseling is available through HUD-approved counseling agencies and legal aid organizations. The State of Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program (FMP) does not provide legal advice and does not endorse outside agencies.
HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agencies
A list of agencies offering free loan modification and foreclosure mediation counseling can be found here.
Free Legal Representation/Education
The following programs offer foreclosure legal information, low-income legal representation, education, and counsel from volunteer attorneys. Agencies and programs are located throughout Nevada:
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. Call (702) 386-1070, or visit www.lacsn.org
- Nevada Legal Services. Call (702) 386-0404, ext. 3, or visit www.nlslaw.net
- Civil Law Self-Help Center, 1st Floor, Regional Justice Center, Las Vegas, www.civillawselfhelpcenter.org
- Nevada Legal Services’ Senior Law Project, (775) 334-3050, or visit www.nlslaw.net
- Nevada Legal Services, (775) 284-3491, or visit www.nlslaw.net
- Nevada Legal Services. Call (775) 883-0404, or visit www.NevadaLawHelp.org
- Nevada Legal Services. Call (775) 753-5880, or visit www.NevadaLawHelp.org
Other Legal Resources
- State Bar of Nevada Lawyer Referral Service. Call (702) 382-0504 or (800) 789-5747, or visit www.nvbar.org